silvermattereye asked: Have you any idea where to find casual boutonnieres/lapels that would be appropriate for everyday attire? I'm interested in adding them to my wardrobe, but everything I find is too matrimonial. Masculine brooches - especially cameos! - would also be lovely. :)
Fine and Dandy sell some twee boutonnieres. You can always go to your florist, pick a bloom and ask them not to add any baby’s breath or any of that drippy nonsense to it, or just pick up a bouquet and use flowers from it. They’ll keep in a small shot glass of water in the fridge. Or you can get creative and use leaves in the fall. Lord Whimsy has a great section on unusual boutonnieres in his book.
I don’t really have any one place for masculine brooches, you just have to look. And don’t be afraid of feminine ones. Half my jewelry collection is originally intended for ladies. Look into artisans on etsy, be careful of hot glue messes though, they tend to fall apart very quickly and easily. Here are a couple of shops I found after just a quick search that have some nice lapel pins. Look around at antique shops or flea markets. Boutonnieres are highly personal items, so there’s only so much advice I can give. Hope this helps!
- opulentoctopus said: Lord Coconut in Melbourne Australia specialises in jewellery handcrafted for men, including lapel pins, cufflinks, necklaces, etc. lordcoconut.com/shop
- gottingen likes this
- charleshenry likes this
- koroviev likes this
- formalhall said: Stick pins, ladies’ hat pins, you can dress up a plain flower with a lapel vase, or if you want the flower look without there care, there’s these: store.asuitablewardrobe…
- jackviolet said: You must do an Everyday Dandy Dress advice column.
- snapeplissken likes this
- querulouschutney likes this
- silvermattereye likes this
- silvermattereye said: Thank you! I’ve been looking on Etsy for more decorative pieces. :)
- delirieuse likes this
- intheconcertroom likes this
- gothiccharmschool likes this
- ktkeating said: Wonderful suggestions. And may I add stick pins for the lapel are also quite nice and can be attractive as well as understated.
- ktkeating likes this
- mzmew likes this
- fyodorpavlov posted this