My husband and I will be on one Friday, October 14th! We’ll be the Victorian emissaries with a few Baritarian Histories on hand trying to look very smart.
Steampunk in Comics and Literature
Friday 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Steampunk traces its origins back to the science fiction of the 19th century, and the term itself was coined to describe a genre of Victorian sci-fi being written by modern authors. At the same time, steampunk and Victorian industrial age aesthetics have long held a great fascination for comic and manga artists of various backgrounds. This panel will discuss steampunk as a literary and artistic genre, examining steampunk’s literary origins and early examples of steampunk in comic book medium, as well as modern examples from both mediums such as Jay Lake’s Mainspring, G. D. Falksen’s Blood In The Skies, Alan Moore’s The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and Girl Genius by Phil and Kaja Foglio. The panel will also feature first looks at upcoming titles and give aways from leading publishers such as Wildside Press, Orbit Books, and Yen Press.
- G. D. Falksen
- Fyodor A. Pavlov
- Jared Axelrod
- Kate Locke
- Tee Morris
- Lawrence Gullo
- Mark Siegel
- Evelyn Kriete
- Juyoun Lee
Here are the details for other Steampunk-related panels.
- oz-lion likes this
- ccosettefauchelevent reblogged this from fyodorpavlov
- duchessvonwhatever likes this
- fyodorpavlov reblogged this from lawrencegullo and added:
- goshyesdickonedwards likes this
- coquelicots-et-jonquilles likes this
- post-punk said: congrats, doll!
- post-punk likes this
- intheconcertroom likes this
- extranuance likes this
- battleangel25 likes this
- phobs-heh likes this
- benedictatorship likes this
- eleanormal likes this
- razmattack said: I may be able to attend your panel! This is terribly exciting.
- bettafish-resistance likes this
- lawrencegullo reblogged this from fyodorpavlov
- heather-kate said: Wish I lived in New York now! Not even in the same country though :(
- heather-kate likes this
- fyodorpavlov posted this